One Does Not Know How to Begin
According to Peter Frase:
Frase's Four Futures are:How's that again?
- Communism ("equality and abundance")
- Rentism ("hierarchy and abundance")
- Socialism ("equality and scarcity")
- Exterminism ("hierarchy and scarcity")
There are two possible confusions here:
- A possible confusion between effects and causes: If we have both equality and abundance, that it likely to produce the society on the label of communism.
- A possible confusion between allowed hierarchy and permitted hierarchy. There is a difference between a “hierarchy” produced by people of differing abilities and a hierarchy produced by people of differing amounts of pull.