A Brief Note on the Republican Health-Care Plan
Let's see … The current system (for the past few years) was based on:
- Adding some popular regulations that varied from stupid to trivial.
- Adding an unpopular regulation (the individual mandate) aimed at keeping the first set of regulations from being disastrous.
- A large expansion of Medicaid.
- Repealing some (but not all) of the first set of regulations.
- Repealing the individual mandate (the only part of this system that came close to making sense).
- Cutting Medicaid.
I won't more than mention that the regulatory part of the State (at least on the Federal level) is even more out of control than the spending part of the State.
Maybe, under Trump, the Republicans have misplaced priorities … but we knew that.