What Will President Trump Do?
Some of presumed President-elect Trump's positions will be applauded by libertarians and conservatives but others won't. For example:
- Applauded by Conservatives and Libertarians:
- Stop cap and trade
- Applauded by Libertarians and not Conservatives:
- Bring soldiers home (until he has a hissy fit)
- Critical of compulsory vaccines
- Legalize drugs (Some people think he will.)
- Applauded by Conservatives and not Libertarians:
- Border wall
- Applauded by neither:
- Supporting a local option on fracking
- Critical of vaccines (The claim that vaccines cause autism can be used as a reason to ban vaccines.)
I have no idea on what he will do about health care and I suspect neither does he.
Please recall that last time we had a President who tried appealing to white identity politics, we got the EPA and wage–price controls.