Taking Global-Warming Hysteria as a How-to Guide
Heather MacDonald has apparently been reading the global-warming hysterics and taking their rhetoric as a how-to guide.
- Cherry picking data? Check.
- Claiming that complaints about cherry-picking data are motivated by The Establishment? Check.
- Reporting upticks and ignoring downticks? Check.
- Claiming that attempts to put data in context are a distraction? Check.
- Reporting outliers as though they were a trend? Check.
- Reporting on a statistic as that sounds like a different (and more important) statistic? Check. (“25 of the nation's largest cities ” is not the same thing as “the nation's 25 largest cities.”)