Stuff Political Activists Say
You can find examples of the following bulshytt on both sides of nearly any political debate:
- Our side isn't ruthless enough but their side plays hardball.
- We can't trust the government and therefore need more of it.
- All hail the experts! What? They disagree with us? Then … QUESTION AUTHORITY!
- If you want to defend someone's rights you must be prepared to take care of them for life.
- The social or economic groups currently associated with their side are parasitic on the social or economic groups currently associated with our side.
- The other side is deliberately pursuing unhealthy policies in order to kill off the surplus population.
- Yes, we have a crackpot or two on our side but we have them under control. Their crackpots are running the show.
- The other side is full of ignorant morons who refuse to find out anything about contrary opinions. We are thereby relieved of any responsibility to find out anything about the other side's opinions.