Open to an Inflated Self Image
On Small Sample Watch I posted a quote about research that purports to show that some people who take psychedelics become more “open.” When we look at the questions used to test openness, we find:
- I have a rich vocabulary.
- I have a vivid imagination.
- I have excellent ideas.
- I am quick to understand things.
- I use difficult words.
- I spend time reflecting on things.
- I am full of ideas.
- I am not interested in abstractions. (reversed)
- I do not have a good imagination. (reversed)
- I have difficulty understanding abstract ideas. (reversed)
Maybe we can replace many of the above items with:
- I have an inflated self image.